The Customer Service Associate is responsible for working with customers, answering telephone inquiries concerning product, general housekeeping, maintaining products and merchandising displays in their departments.
- Write up customer orders using POS system in compliance with store policies and procedures
- Assist customers with product selection and invoicing
- Represent the company in a professional manner and ensure that the contractor and retail customer is treated with the utmost respect and courtesy
- Keep merchandise displays fresh and attractive in appearance
- Become familiar with all the products sold in your department
- Ensure that products on sale or promotion are properly identified and tagged before the sale and removed afterwards
- Be observant of customers who appear to be acting in a manner suspicious in relation to store theft and report such activity to your supervisor
- Be professional, friendly, courteous and helpful to all customers and staff
- Be prepared to work in other departments as required
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills, Sales Skills
- Strong desire to build professional relationships with members of the industry including customers and vendors where required
- A background in the construction industry, retail and/or sales is an asset
- Flexibility in work schedule to meet the demands of the store and management
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned; and should not be construed as a position change or constructive dismissal.