The Buyer/Purchaser Manager is responsible for purchasing all products and supplies for the company as well as maintaining supplier catalogues.
- Authorizing and issuing Purchase Orders for all purchases
- Ensuring all special pricing, terms etc. are indicated on the Purchase Orders
- Monitor all back orders to ensure product is shipped or cancelled from the Purchase Order
- Maintain all supplier product catalogues with up to date pricing and information
- Negotiate with all suppliers to obtain the best possible prices and terms
- Working with the Receiver, ensure all claims for defective, short or wrongly priced product have been satisfied with suppliers
- Maintain a database of various freight carriers for rates, routes and schedules
- Notify all management personnel within the company for product discontinuation, changes, etc.
- Ensure all price increases have been updated in the company POS system
- Maintain a close relationship with inventory control and sign makers to ensure current signage is updated with current pricing
- Ensure all inventories are maintained at a level to achieve company goals on Gross Margin Return on Investment
- Monitor sale product to ensure availability to the customer and minimum out of stocks
- Verify all vendor invoices to Purchase Orders to ensure correct prices, terms, etc.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook/email
- Strong mathematical skills
- Action-oriented attitude and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- A strong background in the construction and home improvement industry, retail and sales
- Readily able to establish and develop strategic relationships and partnerships
- Candidates should hold an Accounting technician diploma or a Business Administration degree or equivalent experience
- Wage $22.42-$27.46/hour
- Health & Wellness Benefits package
- Employee Discount program
- Excellent training programs and career development opportunities
- Flexible hours
- A fun work environment!