The Crane Truck Driver’s main responsibilities are to operate Lumberworld’s crane truck in a safe, efficient and professional manner while delivering orders to residential, commercial and/or industrial customers’ work sites and providing a positive customer experience.
- Delivery of drywall, steel, insulation and other materials to residential and commercial sites.
- Operating HIAB cranes within BC Association for Crane Safety operational standards
- Operating trucks and their equipment with capacities of more than 3-tons to transport, deliver supplies and materials, while securing cargo and trucks during transport, and at worksites
- Ability to inspect trucks daily and verify that they are loaded and secured properly when leaving the facility in accordance with Company standards
- Ability to unload, protect, move and stage materials as specified by customer directive in accordance with Worksafe BC regulations
- Maintains cell and/or radio contact with Shipping Manager throughout the day regarding alternative locations and instructions
- Process truck logs and record of materials/ supplies transported, along with other required paperwork
- Conduct pre-trip and post trip truck inspections to ensure truck and crane is operating properly and notifying management for any required repairs or maintenance
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Hiab /Crane Certification Class A required with Class 1 or 3 license
- Safe driving record
- Knowledge of principles and practices of highway safety, risk management, and HIAB operation
- Able to access the area/situation visually and mentally process what crane operations need to be done or avoided due to safety concerns or restrictions, i.e. power-lines, job site conditions, crane extensions limitations, soil conditions, embankments, underground utilities, etc.
- Strong eye-hand coordination, depth perceptions and finger dexterity required for precise operation with crane remote control, similar to video game controls,
- Ability to recognize different handling techniques required for various products, i.e. cement siding versus plywood or dimensional lumber, where chains may be used as opposed to slings
- Enter, transcribe, record and maintain information in written form
- Basic understanding and knowledge of building materials is an asset
- Be able to lift up to 100lbs repetitively
- Be physically able to climb up and down stairs, bending and standing with weight exceeding 80lbs, pulling, lift, flipping materials
- Dependable and have a great work ethic
- Action oriented, self-starter, with ability to adapt to a fast paced continuously changing environment
This position is full-time Monday-Friday.
Pay range: $25-35 (dependent on experience)
If you have the qualifications that we are looking for to join our team please submit your resume and letter of interest. We are a well-established company within which there is room for advancement for the individual who demonstrates conscientiousness, diligence, honesty, integrity, critical thinking and are self-starters.